Hold on to your Ents, my friends. You’re in for a bumpy ride of pure awesomesauce ahead…
We announced a while back about how LEGO had landed the licence from Warner Bros. produce playsets based on the Peter Jackson films from the Lord of the Rings franchise. Up until today, we had only seen artistic impressions of what the actual Minifigs would look like. But today LEGO and Warner Bros. unveiled a first look at some of the upcoming Minifigs. And, we have to admit, they look spectacular.
They’ve unveiled it in a heroes and villains style list with Legolas, Boromir, Aragorn, Gandalf the Grey, Pippin, Merry, Frodo, Samwise and Gimli, on the heroes list and Uruk-hai, Gollum, Ringwraith, Moria Orc and Mordor Orc on the villains. They’ve yet to announce any plans on how these Minifigs will be released, whether exclusively in playsets or available on their own. The people over at Major Spoilers did get their hands on some info on some of the sets that will be available and which Minifigs they will contain.
- “Gandalf Arrives” – Minifigures: Gandalf, Frodo
- “Shelob Attacks” – Minifigures: Samwise, Frodo, Gollum
- “Uruk-hai Army” – Minifigures: x4 Uruk-hai with a siege crossbow, x1 Rohirrim Soldier, x1 Rider Of Rohan with his horse
- “Attack On Weathertop”- Minifigures: Samwise, Frodo, Aragon, x2 Nazgûl
- “Mines Of Moria” – Minifigures: Frogo, Gimli, Legolas, Boromir, x2 Goblins, x2 Skeletons, Cave Troll
- “The Battle Of Helms Deep” – Minifigures: Aragon, Gimli, Legolas, Theoden, x5 Uruk-hai
They’re coming June this year, and Pop Culture Monster will probably be camped outside his nearest toy shop for release day. There’s still no info on whether or not there will be TT LEGO LotR games, as is popular with the LEGO licenced products like Harry Potter, Star Wars and Batman. We remain hopeful that it is in the works, however.