Unfortunately, we have nothing to do with this one (*sob*) but this is a fantastic opportunity for many of the unsigned and indie artists we promote on here with reviews and news items. If you have any questions about this competition, email SXSW@boostthemusic.com and not us (because we really don’t have anything to do with it, I swear) The prize is open to all artists/bands and up to 5 of them will win.
The prize pack is this:
- 1 SXSW pass for 2012 entry
- Accommodation for length of pass at SXSW event
- Travel from Dublin to SXSW 2012 event
- £100 spending cash at SXSW 2012 event
- Help with planning your SXSW itinerary and guidance on how to promote yourself / band
Pretty epic, right? Read on. You know you want to.
As you probably know because you’re still reading this, SXSW is a massive international collection of festivals featuring music, film and digitalness (yes that’s a word… sort of. Should I have gone with digitality? Does that sound fancier? Anyway, carry on) held in Austin, Texas each year. Any artist or band that gets the chance to be there gets to mingle with the who’s who of the music world – promoters, labels, managers, other musicians and a host of other important people that can help you on your way to superstardom.
Competition closes at 5pm January 20th 2012 and all criteria must be met & email received by then:
- Sign up and claim your profile / register as an Artist/Band @ www.BoostTheMusic.com
- The Artist / Band must earn a total BTM Score of 1,000
- This Score MUST consist of a minimum of 150 fans.
- Below is a Points table explaining how ‘points’ are ‘earned’. BTM Score counts include ‘points’ from listeners at Last.fm and Twitter followers. However the quickest way to earn ‘points’ is to get your fans to be active on your BTM page. They can do this by posting reviews, interviews, videos, comments and buying your Virchandise.
- You must be eligible and available to enter into USA and stay for any dates inclusive of March 7th 2012 – March 17th 2012 (these do not necessarily mean the dates of travel)
- You must be 18 years old by March 7th 2012
- The artist / band applying must ‘Like’ BTM’s Facebook page & follow BTM on twitter (BoostTheMusic) – updates will be made here.
NB: BTM Editor Buzz won’t count in the interest of fair play, as some artists will already have earned points from buzz we have already done or will do. So these points will not be counted in order for BTM to remain impartial. Also, in the interest of fair play all buzz must be genuine, newly created for BTM / not published anywhere else and about the artist who’s page it appears. If BTM deem any buzz to not be genuine, recent or about that artist, we reserve the right to deduct that buzz’s points from your BTM Score during evalutaion. Review of your Artist / Band profile on BTM could form part of the evaluation so the fuller your page and more active – the better.
** Points go only to the fan.
*** So a £1 item (or 100p) is worth 10 points, a £1.50 item (150p) is worth 15 points, and so on.
For more info please contact:
Boost The Music
Phone: +44 (0) 28 9023 3029