Sitting in my email inbox this morning was a press release about Comikaze Expo, LA’s first and only multi-media, cross-genre expo. Already in its 3rd year, Comikaze has proved a huge hit with fans and creators alike. Drawing over 45,000 spectators last year, it’s already in the top 5 biggest conventions of its kind in the USA. Forbes magazine called the expo, “definitely a huge success, and it will no doubt continue to grow into one of the premier comic book conventions in the country.” At the helm is the geeky triad of Stan Lee (yes, the real Stan Lee), Elvira, Mistress of the Dark and founder Regina Carpinelli.
Speaking about the guest announcements, founder and CEO Regina Carpinelli said, “Stan Lee’s Comikaze is a lot like Shark Week, we never start out with the Great White. This year we have some pretty mind blowing guests and attractions that we will be announcing each week. We plan on making this year’s Comikaze a weekend of action and fun for the whole family.” And fun for the whole family it will be, with kids under 12 going absolutely free.
• Over 400 vendors and up to 100 panels
• Largest collection of Marvel movie props ever assembled, curated by Stan Lee, including never-before-seen in public items from his own personal collection
• Elvira’s unique pop-up macabre signing area, complete with art gallery and other “spooktacular” delights
• Guest appearances: LeVar Burton of “Star Trek” and “Reading Rainbow” fame, and famed anime voice actor Kirby Morrow (“Dragon Ball Z”), among many others that are soon to be announced
• Cult lifestyle brand, Tokidoki, will host a special area on the show floor, offering one-of-a-kind exclusives
• Famed special effects company Stan Winston’s Legacy Studios (“Jurassic Park,” “Avatar” and “Iron Man”) will be showcasing props
• Cosplay contest with over $5000 cash prize confirmed… and much much more to be announced.
Not only are there huge guests and big attractions like other conventions of its size, the ticket prices are unbelievably reasonable – at just $20 per day or $45 for the 3 day weekend!